A Girls Only Program?
ALL GIRLS ARE AT RISK.
Did you know that...
• Girls are twice as likely to
attempt suicide as boys?
• Girls are 7 times more likely to be depressed
• 85% of girls are sexually harassed in school?
• 1 million girls under the age of 18 get pregnant
• 30-50% of high-school girls experience dating
• 70% of girls involved in the juvenile justice
system have experienced physical, emotional or sexual
• 90% of eating-disorders are found in girls?
• Girls are likely to have a more negative body-image
How it Works
Full of Myself
® is a gender-responsive
program for girls. This means that every aspect was
designed with girls in mind. Risk-factors for girls
are different than those for boys. For many years, girls
received services in programs that were designed for
boys. This was not effective.
does the program last?
Full of Myself®
once per week during the school year (9 months) and
once per month during the summer. There is also one
field trip per month. Past field trips include visits
to the University of Florida, Kennedy Space Center,
WonderWorks, Orlando Repertory Theatre, Skating, Bowling,
Wekiwa Springs State Park and much more! To ensure that
we remain in contact with our graduates, Full of Myself®
provides follow-up for at least one year following program
completion. We also schedule reunions for program graduates
twice per year.